The First Fantasy is a text-based role-playing game developed completely with Python for use in a console window. In the game, you can travel around the world, fighting enemies to gain experience, gold, and loot to improve your character. A clear goal is yet to be defined, but the challenge of progressing farther away from your starting area provides incentive to play.
Each release includes a .zip archive that contains everything needed to run the game.
- Navigate to the Downloads tab or respective release post.
- Find desired release and click on the Executable link to download the .zip file.
- Extract the .zip file to any desired folder.
- Double-click TheFirstFantasy.exe to run the game.
- Randomized world creation ensuring that each new game provides a different experience.
- Randomized enemies and difficulty.
- Randomly created weapons and armor to equip.
- Simple interface.
- Save and load progress.
- No compilation necessary. All ready-to-go out of the box.
Playing the Game
When you begin the game, you will be placed in a zone called “Your House.” The “world” consists of two types of zones: Town and wild. A town is a safe zone. You will not be attacked travelling to one or while in one. In a town you may rest to regain your health and access a shop to purchase items (not yet implemented). A wild is a hostile zone where you may be attacked traveling to one. Once there, you can explore the wild to attempt to encounter more enemies within the zone. Wilds that are farther away from “Your House” will increase in difficulty, but offer more rewarding fights.